Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 22:32:28 -0700
On 5/10/2016 7:09 AM, DZDub wrote:
. . .
A convertible is a far more "open air" experience than riding to me. I get
more wind-rush traveling in my old BMW 2002 with windows down and flippers
full open.

Hah! My first new car was a 1600.* The 2002 had been announced, but I had neither the extra $ nor the patience to wait for them to appear for sale to the hoi polloi. There were hardly any dealers as yet, and deliveries were slow. BMW had a car with mass appeal, but not yet the infrastructure to sell and support it.

The 1600 had a higher ratio rear end, so performance was very close to the 2002, according to tests. One just had to rev the willing engine a little higher and have a bit more noise, fine with my 25 year old self. I used to drive the windy roads, whupping MGBs and the pre Z Datsun 2000s.

When riding I wear clothes designed to protect my limbs and a full-face helmet.

I haven't ridden since it has involved something like space suits. Still, as you say, it's much more tiring than driving a convertible.

One Point Six Moose

* Yes, I know they are listed as 1600-2, or 1602, but mine, and the others here at the time, were 2-door, but simply labeled 1600.
.