Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 08:54:47 -0500
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 5:12 AM, DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I didn't get my 1974 2002 until 1988, when it was in need of restoration,
> which is a case of fools rush in on my part.  First gear's a stump puller,
> but once you get it to second it takes off OK, though nothing like either
> the 525 or 325, which are not performance cars by any stretch of the
> imagination.  Driving with the windows down and air moving through it
> reminds me of being a kid.  It's a feeling people don't get with
> contemporary cars.
>
> Joel W.

Sadly, the trend seems to be going that way.  All of this talk about how
self-driving cars are the future, how "everybody" just wants to get from
"Point A" to "Point B" and not have to think about it really irritates me.
Now, while I'm thankful that I can take the train for my daily commute
simply because Chicago rush-hour traffic sucks, I love to drive. That's why
I was so disappointed when I was stuck with the plain-vanilla Impreza this
time that leaves me uninspired and cold. Also why I was so giddy when
Subaru announced the 2017 Impreza Sport at the New York auto show -
finally, it's like someone there heard my cries and decided that the
"Sport" model was not just a soccer-mom Impreza wearing jogging pants, but
a full-on sport version with a tuned suspension and sport seats, among
other things, like my 2001 2.5 RS had been.

I know that there is a percentage of the populace who view cars as they do
a toaster - it's an appliance to serve a function, and if they could get a
toaster that would also grab the bread and butter it when it was done,
they'd be happy.

But I truly hope that the "Nobody needs to own a car. You can use Uber and
Lyft, ride a bus, or use one of Google's autonomous cars to get where you
need to go" people don't get to dictate to all of us.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie