Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 11:50:24 -0500
> A kid who used to work for me a loooong time ago had a 2002.  I rode in it
> a couple of times - I remember it being rather fun. It struck me that BMW
> and Mercedes seemed to have followed the same track - they were always
> well-engineered, solid German cars before they suddenly became a fashion
> accessory for the wealthy.

In some countries. In other companies, they are as common as Buicks.

> nearly as much as the 19" ones on the new Ford Focus RS, a car I was
> briefly considering as an alternative).

I've driven the new Ford Focus several times as rentals. One was a
brand new one with something like a dozen miles on the odometer and
the other had over 25000 miles. What I noticed was how brilliant the
car was as brand new, but how poorly the car aged. It reminded me of
my 1986 Grand Am. A brilliant car, but by 170k miles, everything fell
apart on it. Even the turn-signal stalk broke. And the seats were
miserable for me after an hour of driving.

AG