Re: [OM] IMG: Iranian Money

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Iranian Money
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 14:06:06 -0400
Reminds me of a similar situation in 1978. We were camping on the outskirts of Esfahan [London-Kathmandu overland tour], and I wanted to take the bus into the city, going to a pharmacy to buy gamma globulin shots.

No idea what the bus fare was, so I put an assortment of coins on the palm of my hand and gave a quizzical look to the man at the front of the queue. He smiled and moved a number of coins aside; that was the fare. Generally speaking, the friendliest country we travelled through, even in the Tabas area which had been struck by a deadly 7.5+ earthquake the previous month.

Michael