Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 12:15:56 -0700
On 5/11/2016 3:12 AM, DZDub wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 12:32 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hah! My first new car was a 1600.* The 2002 had been announced, but I had
neither the extra $ nor the patience to wait for them to appear for sale to
the hoi polloi. There were hardly any dealers as yet, and deliveries were
slow. BMW had a car with mass appeal, but not yet the infrastructure to
sell and support it.

I didn't get my 1974 2002 until 1988, when it was in need of restoration,
which is a case of fools rush in on my part.  First gear's a stump puller,
but once you get it to second it takes off OK, though nothing like either
the 525 or 325, which are not performance cars by any stretch of the
imagination.

I thought the 1600 was pretty fast, faster than the lesser sports cars of the time. I remember going from Las Vegas to the CA border, never dipping under 90. Handled pretty well in the dry. On ice and snow, it was slithery; ah yes, that graceful 360 on I-80.

My next vehicle was a VW pup-top camper. My next car was a 911. :-)

Driving with the windows down and air moving through it
reminds me of being a kid.  It's a feeling people don't get with
contemporary cars.

It's the wind wings. But no AC on mine. Driving from Barstow to Needles, I had a vision of me melting until my last grip on the wheel slipped away, and the car heading off across the desert . . .

Red, Red, Yellow Moose