Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 16:29:16 -0500
> Ya think??? Seriously so on early-ish ones, like my '71. :-)  I think I may
> have survived because I had many hairy miles in a 56 VW under my belt. Once
> one has pulled it out from sideways on a freeway in one of those . . . Get
> into a corner too fast? DO NOT touch the brakes. Nice, gentle application of
> throttle will generally pull that tail back in. Only once was I sure that
> wasn't going to work - but it did.

I took a one-day high-speed driving course at The Glen quite a few
years ago. We used 911s that had some modifications to them. Including
the ability for the instructor to lock the rear wheels up on a wetted
section of track. There's nothing like hitting a wet track at almost
100 mph and have the rear wheels lock up on you and you have to go
through a 90 degree turn. That was brutal, but it taught a level of
vehicle control that I never knew possible as well as a sense of
vehicular crisis management. Alas, skills like that melt away without
practice, but it does come in handy in winter driving.

AG