Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 23:26:57 +1200

Ken wrote

> I drove a Ferrari once, many years ago. Circa 1975, as
I recall... ...Driving that car was a religious experience. As far as
cars go, that's my one and only visit to paradise. Say what you will
about cars, but Ferraris and their ilk (of the Enzio period) are
different. Exponential degrees of better, too. You can't describe it.
You have to experience it.

I agree. Back in my transitional years
(before marriage, multiple
lives), One of my two personalities was in
the process of buying a
308GTS. While the car wasn't the quickest thing
around, it certainly
was in an experiential league all its own. I'm
pretty convinced that
my 1988 RX7 convertible was a better car in every
measurable way, and
out cornered the 308GTS, the handling of the 308 had
a predictable
characteristic to it where you knew what each tire was
doing and just
how much more you could push it. Alas, the 308 was also a
maintenance
monster and you couldn't do anything to that car without
dropping the
entire motor out of it. I take that back--you could
actually change
two spark plugs without pulling the motor, but that
would violate the
service contract.

I'm not much of a hoon on the road
although my wife thinks I am.
However, without even trying I've picked
up a couple of speeding tickets driving her BMW 328i.
The darn thing
just slips up faster without telling anybody.
Very nice to drive and has
excellent acceleration for passing.
See
http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=7485 et sequ

I still
like my '83 Starlet however, and at least its value keeps on increasing
as its brothers and sisters are scrapped.
Brian