Re: [OM] IMG: Blackhawk Landing

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Blackhawk Landing
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 08:07:55 -0500
Thanks for looking, Chris. What is most noticeable when it is in forward flight is that the tailplane assumes odd angles, because it must react to the combined flow from forward flight and the rotor downwash. The tail rotor is also canted slightly. The designers apparently went to a lot of trouble to provide nice flying characteristics. I have also noted that the fuselage is shaped like a low-speed airfoil.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA