Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: "piers@xxxxxxxx" <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 16:31:45 +0100
Send me the 85/2, Joel, and it will be my pleasure! That is the one Zuiko I
never got to have, and I sold my 100/2.8 last year (as well as the 180/2.8
and 300/4.5, all to the same buyer!)

I took a look at the specifications, and reckon that a 50/1.4 is a
reasonable stand in, especially if set to minimum focus. So here they be:
http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/P1150343.JPG
http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/P1150344.JPG
http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/P1150345.JPG

You will notice that I did not invest in the real thing, a Metabones
adapter for the simple reason that they were not available for EOS to FX,
and I specifically wanted to go that route to maximise the options
available to me (not that I have ever had a single C@non lens). So the
Zhongyi it had to be, despite it being very nearly half the price of the
Metabones EOS to OM.

Piers

PS I have already taken a guess at the follow up question, and refer you to
my " anthropogenesis" response to Chuck the other day.