Re: [OM] Sunset at Green Valley Lake - Olympus E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Sunset at Green Valley Lake - Olympus E-1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 16:07:37 -0500
>> The dirty little secret of this photograph is how much of a MMA
>> pounding it took in Lightroom.
>
> Do you make up these acronyms? Yet another that has no meaning here.

Wikipedia: "Mixed martial arts (MMA) is a full-contact combat sport
that allows the use of both striking and grappling techniques, both
standing and on the ground, from a variety of other combat sports and
martial arts."

Currently promoted by the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship). Ronda
Rousey won 12 out of 13 of her championship-level fights, only
recently having been defeated by Holly Holm, who delivered a kick that
was so effective that Rousey is still on the sidelines five months
later.

So, my reference to MMA and Ronda Rousey is current cultural. I do
realize that you are not a fan of current culture, having missed out
on the finer points of MMA, McDonalds and the beautiful Taylor Swift.
Maybe I should go back to "Grateful Dead, Jerry Garcia" references. Or
should it be Frank Sinatra?

Whatever will I do with you, Moose?

AG (May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine) Schnozz