Re: [OM] Sunset at Green Valley Lake - Olympus E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Sunset at Green Valley Lake - Olympus E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 22:05:21 -0700
On 5/16/2016 2:12 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
To help Moose with his failure to keep up with the present, I hereby
give you two Taylor Swift quotes:

How did we get from Ronda Rousey to Taylor Swift?

Had you spelled out MMA, I'd have known what you were talking about. What troubles me is that you apparently watch "sports" in which people try to seriously injure each other.

"I'm intimidated by the fear of being average."

"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to
people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind."

I knew who Taylor Swift is, in the broadest sense, a country singer. As I was never a great fan of Country, with a few exceptions, and don't even know what it sounds like now, if different than then, I don't know what she sounds like.

I did spend Thurs. through Sun. singing and dancing with many far less widely known, but nonetheless wonderfully talented, local musicians. Almost no Country, which I could live with.

I did not know she was well known for reframing/restating perennial wisdom, but at any time, there are several to many people doing so, to greater or lesser acclaim.

“Average. It was the worst, most disgusting word in the English language. Nothing meaningful or worthwhile ever came from that word.”
― Portia de Rossi, Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain

“But why diminish your soul being run-of-the-mill at something? Mediocrity: now there is ugliness for you. Mediocrity's a hairball coughed up on the Persian carpet of Creation.”
― Tom Robbins, Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas

The Dalai Lama is probably the most famous contemporary figure to say the second, many, many times, a recent addition to an endless line.

Whiplash Moose