Re: [OM] Re Image resolution

Subject: Re: [OM] Re Image resolution
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 15:57:33 -0400
No, I don't agree. The albedo of forest leaves ranges from about 15-18%. That tells me that, although they may be reflecting light like mirrors, they're probably 2-3 stops below direct sunlight.

I can't say that it makes sense to make sure that *no* leaves display blown highlights but any leaf that does have blown highlights will show as white regardless of the color of the leaf or the color of the light that's falling on it.

Sky doesn't alter color but overly bright light from any source does by turning all colors to white.

Chuck Norcutt