Re: [OM] E-M5 sensor cleaning?

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 sensor cleaning?
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 08:19:26 -0300
I have learned that having a camera company or pro photo shop clean one's camera's sensor is perhaps the biggest con-job perpetrated by the digital sensor industry! Anyone with an IQ greater than their shoe size can achieve exactly the same perfect result at virtually no cost.

Buy a box of cleaning swabs ...... seen on the second row of products here for example:

www.VisibleDust.com

and a small bottle of cleaning fluid, also seen on the same page.

Apply a drop of the fluid to the swab and draw it slowly across the sensor but only once. Turn the swab over and draw back over the sensor in the opposite direction. After the two draws dispose of the swab. NEVER use it for a third pass; specks of dirt on the swab could contaminate the sensor.If necessary use another swab.

I paid GBP50 in Gibraltar in March 2015 for a "pro" cleaning of my X-T1. Back home my preferred photo shop sold me the pack of swabs and cleaning fluid and I have done my own cleaning ever since with no adverse consequences.

jh