Re: [OM] Sign in Tryon, NC

Subject: Re: [OM] Sign in Tryon, NC
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 11:27:06 -0700
. . .

It is rather hot and a bit of a one horse town:

http://www.olyendomike.com/North-Carolina-5-2016/i-7MtXXVZ/A

We only scratched the surface of Asheville,  but it has some wonderful
architecture as well as  more elevation  (cooler) than Tryon.

Didn't see much of the city when I was there, but Biltmore is definitely worth a visit. Makes the Crane Estate look like what it was, a summer house. The restaurant in the old carriage house was worth it, too.

We passed by the Grove Park Inn, and learned how Edwin Wiley Grove made his
many millions and was able to build the place:

I was able to quickly photograph an original postcard sized ad.  See this:

http://www.olyendomike.com/North-Carolina-5-2016/i-cJRnd3d/A

Malaria was rampant and he made the quinine  concoction not bitter.

Oh, now I get it. I saw the pic before this explanation.

As of now I think we liked Hendersonville the best, which is where my Aunt and
Uncle spend the Spring, Summer and Fall.

Is that you guys with them in the pic? You guys look good, pretty perky,
unaffected by the heat. :-)

Travelogue Moose