Re: [OM] IMG: After the Fun

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: After the Fun
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 13:36:21 -0500
Hi Ken,

It looks and performs great, despite its age. But, apparently there is something about the prop sound that can irritate those who still have proper hearing.

I ran into the British expat Eric Clutton, designer of the small homebuilt, F.R.E.D., and he said he noted a disturbing prop noise over the weekend. He lives very close to the airport. I informed him of the Twin Otter that had been flying all weekend, and he felt that was exactly what he heard.

After all of my years spent around Westinghouse and Allis-Chalmers compressors, I have no high frequency perception left.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA