Re: [OM] Lens issues.

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens issues.
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 16:46:42 +0000 (UTC)
Ian,       Thats a very kind offer.If I have worked it out correctly it is
about £220 for the 1.4 converter and approx £800 for the lens. Given that I
have just bought an OMD E- M5 ll Titanium, and a 12-40mm f2.8 pro zoom finances
are creaking a bit at present!! In a cunning plan worthy of Blackadder himself
I have been unloading various items of Olympus equipment and raiding various
savings accounts I have to finance these deals!  The camera and lenses have
come from a dealer in Hong Kong at a whopping discount over what I would pay in
the UK. The latest piece of the puzzle is the 40-150 f2.8 lens. It is "squeaky
bum" time with this at present. Money has been taken (Paypal) and I have been
informed they are awaiting stock delivery. how they get around import duty or
vat is anyone's guess but they guarantee the price you pay is total cost. I did
pay extra £15 for insured delivery.i am being charged  £730 including postage,
which is at least £270 cheaper than buying from uk stores!that should free up
enough cash for either a repair to my 80mm macro lens head or a "new" fungus
free one!!
DAMP!We alive in a terraced house on a hill. In effect each house is 3' above
the floor level of the house below it. This I am sure leads to a certain amount
of moisture in the wall btween properties. Unfortunately this is where my leses
reside. Cabinets do not feel damp but I am sure they must be. Time for a
storage re-think. First step,already taken  remove lenses from tight fitting
storeage cases. Leica equipment is in Pelica cases.
Regards John Duggan, Wales, UK