Re: [OM] Slightly OT: In the News

Subject: Re: [OM] Slightly OT: In the News
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:28:36 -0500
> I was never comfortable with LinkedIn, and I have that domain blocked.

It's a resume-swapping service.

I use it for professional purposes and for maintaining contact with
others within my industry. For that, it is outstanding and functions
as a great means of maintaining industry contacts all around the
world. I've got multiple standing offers for employment pretty much
anywhere in the world because of it. Of course, my long hair, earrings
and rainbow shoelaces and colorful clothes probably mean that some
locations are not a good choice, but sadly, that can and does happen
everywhere.

Sorry, I sadly digress.

Anyway, yes, LinkedIn is another social-engineered spy tool, but to
say that Microsoft is as guilty as, say, Facebook, Amazon and Google,
is probably your anti-Bill Gates bias showing through. Frankly,
Microsoft is probably worse, because it is the primary preferred
vendor for the government.

Just sayin.

AG Schnozz