Re: [OM] IMG: The American Airlines Flagship Detroit

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The American Airlines Flagship Detroit
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:33:27 -0500
Hi Jez,

Having tested aircraft/engine combinations,in the world's largest supersonic wind tunnel, up to Mach 3.0, I'm not a fan of supersonic commercial flight. To me, the requirements are too stringent and the benefits too few, to make this a worthwhile way to spend resources. And I still have cracks in my kitchen ceiling that were caused by sonic booms provided by USAF F-35s flying their test corridor which passed near my house. From what I read, it is still not ready for action.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA