Re: [OM] OT: Grocery Catergbories

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Grocery Catergbories
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:46:38 -0700
On 6/15/2016 3:33 AM, Philippe wrote:
Le 15 juin 2016 à 12:00, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Slight misunderstanding, *'**Enhanced water* is a category of beverages that are marketed
as water, but which contain additional ingredients, ranging from natural or artificial
flavors, sugar, sweeteners, vitamins, minerals and other "enhancements."'
Should the list also include beer from the tap or Scotch, I'd be pleased to tell Alice I
also drink "enhanced" water ...

As you wish. ;-)

In the business, 'category'* has a particular meaning. Traditionally, beer and wine was a category, although they may have split. Distilled spirits is a separate category, perhaps mostly 'cause of US alcoholic beverage laws.

Bottled water is a separate category, as is soda. Enhanced water is a relatively new category, with a sometimes fuzzy border with soda.

It is indeed awe(ful) inspiring to stumble into the water aisle in a large market and contemplate the nature and possible meanings of the contents thereof. (What is all this stuff? Why??)

Enhanced Moose

* How does one pronounce catergbories, anyway? ca-terg-bo-ries,
cat-erg-bor-ies, cat-er-guh-bories, ??