Re: [OM] IMG: The American Airlines Flagship Detroit

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The American Airlines Flagship Detroit
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 20:09:32 -0500
Thanks for the link, Chuck.  A lot of information in there.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 6/15/2016 6:57 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
And here's the history
<http://www.flagshipdetroit.org/FSD/History-NC17334.html>

Built in 1937 (very early model) and put into service for 10 years by American. Then sold around to many owners until bought and restored by the Flagship Detroit Foundation. It still has (updated) Wright Cyclone 9 cylinder engines. Later model DC-3s were fitted with Pratt & Whitney Twin Wasps.

See it here:
Engine start <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6SbVLqisdI>
Flight from Tulsa <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGu7NdLjBqA>

Chuck Norcutt