[OM] IMG: One More from the Steinheil 85/2.8 Lens

Subject: [OM] IMG: One More from the Steinheil 85/2.8 Lens
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 21:23:07 -0500
I looked through the images I made with the Steinheil Munchen Culminar 85/2.8 lens, made in 1950, to see if I could find a clear one to evaluate. This small image of a Blue Jay in open shade was cropped from the 100% image and was not resized. It represents less than 7% of the area of the original image. I did go through my normal post processing routine, including Focus Magic and Neat Image.

Considering the difficulty I had in manually focusing at f/4 in the shade, I was favorably impressed by the lens. Made with a Leica LTM adapter on the Fuji X-E1.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/7+Per+Cent+Crop+of+100+Per+Cent+Image+from+Steinheil+Culminar+85mm+Lens.tif.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA