Re: [OM] Olympus TG-4 owners - request for someone to test focus stackin

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus TG-4 owners - request for someone to test focus stacking on eyes
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:43:55 +0200
Thanks Moose, Mike

I am hoping focus stacking would help especially seeing some of your recent images but it certainly looks like a possibility? as I reported in the past I tried with the 80/4 on autotube with the E-m5 and an led modelling light, but its manual focus and extremely fiddly, Kerstin had seen some excellent results from other practitioners using a simple point and shoot although she didn't note the model of camera. I could try an oly m43 AF macro but the TG-4 is a cheaper option if it works plus we would have focus stacking available, as mentioned before it should require minimum effort and fuss for best results. Its a shame that the only way for us to try is to buy one - mind you its cheaper than the 1.4TC from
Fuji ;-)

I found this but of course it doesn't provide more than I knew

<http://www.school-of-digital-photography.com/2013/10/how-to-photograph-the-human-eye-iris-or-pupil.html>

here are some amazing images but not what Kerstin needs - again I may have posted this link before

<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2246888/The-eyes-The-iris-pictured-remarkable-incredible-close-shots.html>

IanW