Re: [OM] IMG: The American Airlines Flagship Detroit

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The American Airlines Flagship Detroit
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 12:44:29 +0000
Bucket or no bucket, you can try that with gas (good luck!), I’ll try it with
JP-7 (if it was still made).  JP-7 would not ignite from normal flames like
that, even dumped on the ground (which is why leaking of the tanks on the
ground was not a big deal.) They had to use a shot of TEB to light the engines,
it had that high a flash point.

For those that want to read up on the SR71, Sled Driver is a great book about
it. Tons of other lore out there too of course, online and elsewhere.

-Ed