Re: [OM] DxO Optics Pro 11

Subject: Re: [OM] DxO Optics Pro 11
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 21:04:42 -0500
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I put at least as much effort into this image as any of my conventional
> landscapes.I think it's on of the best things I've done. It got modest
> approving responses. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=17900>
>
> As far as I could tell, nobody much liked this, but I put a lot of work
> into it and like it a lot. <
> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=13611>
>
> So there's some sort of balancing act to do; make some images mostly for
> me, and others that, while not particularly original, I feel are finely
> crafted, and that generally please others.

I remember these.  For my part, I like the first because the composition
has an interesting line or movement to it.  Can't explain it much better.
I like the blurry texture -- like looking through a steamy window.

The second doesn't interest me as a composition.  The sky is blah for me
and there is no symmetry to it.  The proportions of the parts just don't
work together in a way that interests me.

Quick reactions from me.  Don't take them too seriously as they are very
inadequate!

Joel W.