Re: [OM] DxO Optics Pro 11

Subject: Re: [OM] DxO Optics Pro 11
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 22:36:27 -0700
<<I put at least as much effort into this image as any of my conventional landscapes.
I think it's on of the best things I've done. It got modest approving responses.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=17900>

That was one of my favorite alt dot M's shots.  I thought a print might
translate better.

Thanks! I think many of my alt images would fare better as prints. But then, hardly anyone on this list would see them. I have been toying with the idea of a book . . .

BTW, speaking of DXO, I am told on the forum that it supports Oly HR mode but
no clue how well it does with it.

It seems that the HR ORF files are 'normal', in one sense, and at least ACR and DxO OP can open and convert them. They look quite soft @ 100%, with fuzzy edges, DxO softer and resolving less than ACR.

Then, somewhere in the files, there is some Oly Special Sauce, OSS. Viewer 3, ver. 2+ and the Oly PS Plug-in can apply it in the process of converting the files from Raw. And that's where the halo trouble comes in.

I posted this link before.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Focus_Magic/_B003950fpACRvsPlugin.htm>

The DxO line is the HR Mode ORF opened directly in DxO. So yes indeed, it can handle such files. And, although it isn't quite as good as the best I could do with ACR, then FM or Topaz, DxO's Lens Sharpening, applied carefully, can get close enough that I'm sure it doesn't matter for anything but this sort of target @ 100%.

So no, DxO doesn't apply OSS - and that's a good thing.

Too Many Bars Moose