Re: [OM] Aircraft Sighting in the News

Subject: Re: [OM] Aircraft Sighting in the News
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 13:15:11 +0100
Yes, Piers.  I’ve spoken to several Chinook pilots and things were not that
rosy.  But the crash on the Mull of Kintyre I find a bit difficult; it was the
last time, I think, that blame was apportioned to the aircrew by a Board of
Inquiry, but I’m not one of those who think that the pilots were necessarily
maligned.  I know that you can have an uncommanded reduction in power, but that
aircraft was found halfway up a hill, as I recall, a hill that had been in
cloud.

I’ll go back and read it again, but there are more pages on PPRuNe on that
subject than on any other, I believe.

Chris