Re: [OM] OT: BREXIT

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: BREXIT
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 18:49:56 +0100
Yes, that is my understanding. But recall that the government, we have to
assume, will be directed by Brexit motives, and will likely be faced with
intransigence from Brussels anxious to dissuade any other moves to secede
from EU - and will do it by doing all they can to force exit upon us. Or
else extract concessions from UK to make it plain that any attempt to
duplicate UK's rash decision would be very costly.

Moral - be careful what you wish for.

But look on the bright side, Norway might eventually redeem the pledge of
Orkney and Shetland against the unpaid dowry for Margaret of Norway, so the
northern isles will be OK back in the Norwegian fold. A couple of hundred
kilos of gold, I believe.

Piers