Re: [OM] [OT] Brexit

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Brexit
From: Brian Gray via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 13:46:37 +0100
Cc: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   I agree with most of what John Duggan and Martin Walters said, and
   ChrisB.   However, the media did try to find out what the leave camp
   wanted a new arrangement to look like and I think they failed, probably
   because there was not a single answer, and a majority of the electorate
   was happy to kick the present establishment because immigration is
   high.  (It is noticeable that many of the most successful areas of
   England voted 'Remain', often with substantial margins.)  A major
   problem for those, whoever they are, who will have to negotiate with
   the EU on behalf of the UK in future months will be deciding what they
   actually want/expect the new arrangement to look like.  Meanwhile,
   however we voted, everyone in the UK will have to put up with the
   consequences while those in the USA might wish to ponder whether the
   anti-establishment vote here has any similarities to those who might
   vote for Trump (who apparently welcomed the UK result).
   Brian Gray