Re: [OM] OT: Win10 - I Am Not Alone

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Win10 - I Am Not Alone
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 15:59:33 -0500
My primary machine hasn't upgraded and I'm fighting it as there are
programs that will not work with W10. But everything else is upgraded.

I was really concerned about my video editing computer that the
non-current version of Adobe Premier Pro was going to choke the big
one, but it is working, so I'm OK, I hope. The Lenovo laptop that I
got when my wife upgraded to a new one is kinda hit and miss. Some
things work better, but it's pretty unstable in other things.

My ancient laptop will continue to run XP till like forever. There are
a couple of things that need XP. Another laptop has been changed over
to LINUX. With the new video editing suite built up and integrated
with my recording studio, I'm no longer using the LINUX system for
anything. I think I'll repurpose it for a combination of media server
and the on-site security-cam/alarm system. At this time, I have 100%
of the security/alarm system going offsite, and will continue to do
that, but would like the higher-quality images stored locally so it
doesn't melt down the DSL connection every time we have company.
(besides, the bad guys around here now disconnect the phone/cable
lines before the B&E).

AG