Re: [OM] OT: Win10 - I Am Not Alone

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Win10 - I Am Not Alone
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 05:37:08 -0400
Now that you're there you need to consider what you have given up that you are probably unaware of. If Window 10 is "free" it must mean that you are paying in other ways. You are. You may need to follow the advice here to regain your personal privacy. <http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2015/08/windows_10_privacy_problems_here_s_how_bad_they_are_and_how_to_plug_them.html>

Note that Apple also collects a lot of personal data. But unlike Facebook, Google and Microsoft, Apple doesn't sell it. Windows 10 (free) is a new Microsoft business model. I choose not to be part of it.

Chuck Norcutt