Re: [OM] Pie

Subject: Re: [OM] Pie
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:04:31 -0500
>      Ah, so you made a French crust, where to place pieces of butter on one
> half, fold it over, roll it flat, place more pieces of butter, fold it over,
> etc.  That's how you make flaky pie crust.

Close.

Two sticks of butter, 1 2/3 cup of flour, sugar, salt and water. Cut
the butter into cubes, add it to the mix. Kneed it up. Then roll it
out flat, fold it, fold it again, and fold it one more time. Stick in
the fridge for a few minutes. Then take it out, cut it in two, and
proceed to roll each half for the top and bottom crust.

Easy as that. All those folded layers gives it the flaky layers.

Amazing. My usual crust is like shoe leather.

AG