Re: [OM] IMG: Another Orange Day Lily

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Another Orange Day Lily
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 18:58:20 -0500
Thanks for all of the kind words, Moose. It has been very dry, and too hot for comfortable watering, so I've left them to the mercy of the weather.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 6/29/2016 3:30 PM, Moose wrote:
On 6/26/2016 3:44 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I finally found a Day Lily in more pristine condition. Temps in the 90s have hurt the flowers.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Orange+Day+Lily.TIFF.html

Olympus E-1 with Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm

Very nicely done! Nice bloom, nice composition, no blown red channel and the plane of focus is set just right for the available DoF.

A nice, gentle capture of a subtle, complex lily. Such an interesting counterpoint to my bright, "hard" treatment of an unsubtle, orange Day Lily.:-) <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20293>

Lily of the Moose