Re: [OM] Online Activity

Subject: Re: [OM] Online Activity
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 06:14:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     A curse on you for suggesting I use Win7!  :{b

     Yep, WinXP forever here.  I have that Win10 blocker on all the machines as
well as on the standby Win7 HD.

     I found out about the MSCONFIG approach by way of one of the techy blogs,
and it was good advice.  I'm going to purge all of the gupdate registry entries
later today.

>I think you're still running XP.  But if you are running Win 7 or 8 my
>first choice of suspects would be the Win 10 download from Microsoft.
>It has to download about 4 GB and does it a bit at a time.
>
>If you are running Win 7 or 8 and want to stop Microsoft's attempts to
>install Win 10 then download and install GWX Control Panel
><http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html>

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson