Re: [OM] OT Computer activity monitor

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Computer activity monitor
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 12:10:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I just installed the latest version.  This is a very impressive piece of
management software.  I've already seen that RealPlayer and RealDownloader were
not completely removed, and I can take care of that in WinPatrol with no effort.

     Also found another Google Toolbar DLL.  Now it's gone.

>     You can download the latest version, good for WinXP and higher, from
>
>http://winpatrol.com/download.html
>
>Interestingly, they still have a version for Win98.
>

>>     WinPatrol is still available by way of OldVersion.com.  They seem to
>> have every version ever published.  It was recommended in one of the blogs
>> that I read.
>>

>>>I'm looking for information about a computer monitoring program that
>>>I just realised I lost with my computer in the fire last October.
>>>
>>>What brought about this search was Chris Trask's request for a way to log
>>>surrepticious activity on his laptops, and I thought it might meet his
>>>needs.
>>>
>>>I 'think' the program was called Winpatrol written by one Bill
>>>P (maybe Bill Pytlovany).
>>>
>>>I remember that one Zuikoholic ( I don't
>>>remember who) who lives in the USA well away from any seacoast, knows
>>>him.
>>>
>>>From what I've been able to ascertain, Bill has been ill and may
>>>have sold his program. There also seem to be reports of it
>>>malfunctioning.
>>>
>>>When I was using it, it provided great service.
>>>
>>>Any information will be greatly appreciated.
>>>

>Chris
>
>When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>     - Hunter S. Thompson

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson