Re: [OM] Advice to the young ones...

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice to the young ones...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 21:16:37 -0700
On 7/5/2016 6:58 PM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
    ...Don't ever talk to strangers!

    Moms are the same all over.

Yeah, but, see, it's bum advice. From Free Range Kids, by Lenore Skenazy:
------------------------
“Don’t talk to strangers” is one of the most useless pieces of advice
ever foisted on us to foist on our children. And I’m not the
only one who thinks so.
“Our message is exactly the one you’re trying to convey. We
have been trying to debunk the myth of stranger danger,” says
Ernie Allen.
What’s stunning about this statement is that Allen is the head
of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

More detail in the book.

Stranger Than Moose