[OM] Sedge butterflies

Subject: [OM] Sedge butterflies
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 07:12:31 -0500
I've been out to a state wildlife management area three times in the past
week, looking for species of butterflies that utilize wetland sedges for
larval host plants.  Yesterday was a good day--lotsa sedge-obligates were
nectaring on common milkweed on the roadsides.  See:  <
https://wisconsinbutterflies.org/butterfly/sightings> for July 7.  Gear is
a Sony NEX-7 with a Sony 55-210 lens and 26 mm of extension. Trips were to
see the butterflies;  photography was secondary, and I have to say that I'm
not comfortable with the NEX-7 at all.  Poor focus on the hickory
hairstreak is an example.  Next time out I'll try the OM4T, Tammy 60-300 on
the 65-116 OM auto extension tube, T-32 flash, and 1-11 or 1-12 focusing
screen.  That's a proven combination for me.