Re: [OM] [AOT] Anyone have advice on digitizing old movie film?

Subject: Re: [OM] [AOT] Anyone have advice on digitizing old movie film?
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 10:58:39 -0500
On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 6:05 AM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> I just made up [AOT] Almost On Topic

This is a slippery slope. ;^)

> I have some 16mm B&W and (standard) 8mm color movie films that my
> father-in-law shot in the 40s and early 50s.  Anyone have advice on
> converting this to some digital format?

We took a bunch of my father-in-law's films to Costco.  We are mostly
satisfied.  If you do this, make sure to look at them within the warranty
period.  Several of ours were recorded with what looks like projector
stutter.  I could be convinced that the fault was in the films, but we
missed the opportunity to have a conversation about it.

Joel W.