Re: [OM] US Taxes - and Amazon [was posting about tyres]

Subject: Re: [OM] US Taxes - and Amazon [was posting about tyres]
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 15:30:44 -0500
When my wife and I owned our stained glass studio, Indiana has an inventory
tax. That means that every year we had to do a full inventory of all
materials in our store, compute their current value, and we paid tax on
that. If there was some glass that carried over to the next year, we paid
tax on it twice.

So, essentially, a business is being penalized for actually having the
materials that it needs to survive and grow.

Just one of the things I don't miss about owning my own business.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie