Re: [OM] Sedge butterflies

Subject: Re: [OM] Sedge butterflies
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 09:06:15 -0400
Maybe you need to switch to manual focus on the 55-210. Alternatively, you might want to try using the Tammy 60-300 or another OM lens on the NEX-7 using this very inexpensive adapter <http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-OM-Lens-to-Sony-E-Mount-NEX3-NEX5-NEX-7-EX-5N-NEX-C3-NEX-5C-Adapter-Ring-/381695612405?hash=item58ded4d5f5:g:WvkAAOxydlFSqq9T> It will take a long time to get it when sent free on the slow boat from China but at $5.99 it's worth the wait and, if you don't like it, just throw it away.

With no auto diaphragm shooting could be cumbersome. But, if the Sony is like the OM-Ds, you'll find that the viewfinder brightens to show what the photo will look like at shooting aperture and selected shutter speed. I remember how delighted I was when I first tried an OM lens on the E-M5 and discovered that I could see to focus and shoot even with the lens stopped down to shooting aperture. But with no TTL flash control you'll find that, with only two power levels, the T-32 is fairly limited as a manual flash. You can, however, control it by lying about the ISO. The E-M1 will sync up to 1/320. Your NEX-7 will sync to 1/160. Both are a lot better than your OM-4T's 1/60.

You'd have to experiment with exposure on this rig but experimentation is fast and free.

Chuck Norcutt