Re: [OM] Anyone from Charleston, SC

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone from Charleston, SC
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 18:40:49 +0100
Me too, Bob.  I have a subscription to the Guardian (on Saturday) and Observer
since the paper version of the Indy died (sad face).  The Guardian is generally
left wing and generally a supporter of the Labour party (I think), whereas the
Independent has no party allegiance, although it is probably more left wing
than other newspapers since it looks for fairness.

The alternatives in the UK are anathema to me now.  The Daily Mail is an
appalling right-wing rag full of inaccuracies (at best); the Telegraph is owned
by a different family and is also right wing but is really just a larger Daily
Mail, full of inaccuracies and sensationalism unsuited to what used to be a
respected broadsheet.  The Times is owned by Murdoch and therefore subject to
that individual’s bias and thirst for expanding influence; I’ll have nothing to
do with him or any of his organs (take that how you like ;-))

Chris