Re: [OM] [AOT] Anyone have advice on digitizing old movie film?

Subject: Re: [OM] [AOT] Anyone have advice on digitizing old movie film?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 20:06:04 -0400
Thanks, but I think I'm going to go with Costo (local store). As it turns out I only have about 825 feet of film. At Costco's price it would be approx. USD 110 for the conversion or 85 (post BRExit) GBP. Not worth buying and fiddling with old equipment for a small amount.

About 2 years ago I helped a friend convert his old 35mm slide collection to digital by photographing the slides projected on a white wall. We ended up having to repair his ancient projector before the job was done. If was frustrating in that I got the projector running again but it was not able to reverse the slide cartridge. If you accidentally advanced too far you had to remove the cartridge and advance to where you had left off. Painful.

Chuck Norcutt