Re: [OM] IMG: Insects, Bad and Good

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Insects, Bad and Good
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:04:13 -0500
Thanks for the kind words, Chuck. With the bee, luck has a lot to do with it.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 7/11/2016 2:42 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
You and that macro are pretty good.  Mighty patient too, I'd say.

Chuck Norcutt

On 7/11/2016 2:35 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I put the Leica-R 60mm on the Fuji X-E1 today, before I toured the local
plants.  Two things were apparent:  The Japanese Beetles are devouring
many of the blooms, but the Carpenter Bees are doing their job of
pollinating.  Here are two examples.

Japanese Beetle on Rose of Sharon.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/The+Destructive+Japanese+Beetle.TIFF.html

Carpenter Bee leaving a Rose of Sharon bloom that is still intact.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Departing+Bee.tif.html