Re: [OM] E-M1 MF magnification and focus peaking for Joel: was: Re: Sedg

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 MF magnification and focus peaking for Joel: was: Re: Sedge butterflies -
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 22:35:27 -0700
On 7/11/2016 2:47 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
OK, I think I've got everything working properly now. IBIS was actually turned off (probably by Olympus service reset).

Yup. Why IBIS is off by default is one of the Mysteries of the Universe.

When I made the recommended changes and set the focal length for IBIS I got good results up to f/16 with the MF 50/1.4. I also discovered (as mentioned here) that the magnification is not fixed and you can go to 14X or other powers the same as the image review magnification. Incidentally, when in magnify mode, both the front and rear dials will change magnification.

Also, after these changes, the focus peaking did not go nuts as it did early this morning... but the room is brighter now and not so much noise at f/16. But I can't say that the focus peaking adds much of anything when you've already got the magnification at 14X.

I've found that to be true, as well.

Peaked Moose