Re: [OM] For Joel:

Subject: Re: [OM] For Joel:
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 11:46:24 -0500
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Correct.  The EM-5 mod II does not have the phase detect sensors of the
> E-M1 used for fast focus control of 4/3 lenses.
>
> I have no 4/3 lenses but chose the E-M1 for its ergonomics... a large grip
> and better placement of the AEL/AFL button which I use for focus control
> when I remove it from the shutter button.  That button placement allows it
> to be operated with the thumb, the same as on Canon DSLRs.

Same as all Olympus DSLRs as well.  I can't remember not having this
option.  I think even the Camedias had it.  Then if you want to get more
fancy, switch the AEL/AFL and the Fn button (which you have to do in some
cases if you want to use a battery grip and have focus at your thumb).

I used to have two different modes set up, the main difference between them
being where the focus trigger was.  I like it sometimes on the shutter
button if I'm shooting "action" photos.  But I don't even bother with that
anymore.  Focus at the thumb is really fast for me, and then I also know
that it's locked there.

Joel W.