Re: [OM] Basic question re Om D E M5

Subject: Re: [OM] Basic question re Om D E M5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 12:06:59 -0700
On 7/12/2016 10:33 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
My E-M1 is at latest level and installing it destroyed the settings.

OR - the tech reset the camera intentionally, as a part of policy/procedure.

Quoting myself from 6/20
Think it through. You run the official service operation for a major camera company. Would you let a camera go back, no matter what it was in for, without at least a modest check on its functionality, perhaps both on receipt and after service?

"I just sent it in for sensor cleaning, everything was working fine, now I got it back and ___ doesn't work, you owe me a free repair!"

Thus, reset everything and do a few tests, including test shot(s).

Not such a bad idea, as they apparently found a bad thingie and replaced it,
before you noticed it was failing, no?