Re: [OM] Anyone from Charleston, SC

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone from Charleston, SC
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 17:12:53 +0100
Piers

I don’t necesarily want my newspapers owned by journalists.  Murdoch’s
experience is immaterial to me, but his success in wielding vast and
undemocratic influence is of great concern.

I had forgotten that Robert Fisk worked for the Times, but I stopped reading
that in the early 90s, shortly after all the dreadful mis-reporting of the 1st
Gulf War and the serialisation of the Diana book (I took Andrew Neil to task
for that and received a very defensive letter in reply).

I know little about Lebedev, but he saved the Independent (paper version) for a
while . . .

Chris