Re: [OM] IMG: Two Butterflies

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two Butterflies
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 17:20:10 -0500
Thanks, Mike.  Yes, I was happy with the Lady shot, even with no flash.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Beautiful shot of the Lady.  If the TV of the older flash is too high, a Wein
safe sync or equivalent will render it safe.  I would bet the electronics are
fast enough to
use for macro if one can attenuate the output a tad with ND filter +/-
diffusers.  Off axis is best as Dean has shown but can be cumbersome to
engineer.
The T power unit electronics  for the macro OM flashes are  almost identical to
the T32 I was told by Tim and I think John H.  If one puts ND ilters on the T32
 and point in the right direction it is a fine macro flash
with in the limitations of the normal "auto" mode and what it meters.

Blind those critters with some flash for better color/texture under more
conditions, Mike

PS: even on topic