Re: [OM] I'll see your Swallowtail and raise you a Ringlet

Subject: Re: [OM] I'll see your Swallowtail and raise you a Ringlet
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:35:35 -0400
It's getting a little crowded on that flower.

Chuck Norcutt

http://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2016/i-WjQ8QtJ/A

I'd better bone up for a Hairstreak outing in a few weeks as missed focus and
proper fill flash left and right. I usually have time to practice but did not
but  and still assumed all would be well--wrong.
The background was bright and too much light lost do to extension--should have
taken off the ND filter off the flash as the thyrister was fooled and I was too
slow to adjust. At the end of last season could hit 40-50%
sharp focus at F8 but w/o recent practice it was terribly low.  I missed a
couple of what might have been excellent shots.  Above is one of the few.

I did see my very first Zabulon Skipper ( a newcomer to Mass), which we at first thought
was a "Pocahontas" dark female form of the Hobomok Skipper.  I don't usually
study skippers and that was sorted out
by our very experienced leader in the photos later.  It was siting in a nice
Iris, but not sure I have a good enough shot.

More chasing than images, Mike