Re: [OM] Film still rules

Subject: Re: [OM] Film still rules
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 09:58:56 -0500
> How interesting!  I can’t imagine what his Diablo looks like (I don’t follow
> supercars in that sense) but I’m sure that it’s pretty.

It looks brand new. Essentially, it's a new paint job every year. No
need to worry about paint chipping.  His wraps were running about
$5000, but he does a lot of the work himself so it costs about half
that for him. Everybody thinks that he keeps buying new cars every
year. To most people, he doesn't reveal the truth. The Diablo is such
a timeless car and looks current to anybody who doesn't know the
secret that it's old.

> Trouble is, every time I get myself a new(ish) car, I promise myself that
> I’ll do something similar.

I've entered "stalking mode" for an RX7 convertible or a Z4. The
problem with the Z4s is that the vast majority of them are the
rump-ugly silver ones. In the case of the RX7, it will most certainly
need a new paint job (especially if it's a 3rd gen with the "wash it
off paint"), but the Z4s would need a different color just to please
me anyway. So, going with a wrap is a definite possibility.

My wife just got a new Prius. White. I think it would look awesome
with racing stripes. It looks too much like a feminine hygiene
product.

AG