Re: [OM] Hasselblad.

Subject: Re: [OM] Hasselblad.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 09:15:05 -0500
>> And Nikon and Canon remain with flipping mirrors.
> Price used Canon 5DmklI and E-M1 bodies on eBay, as I did recently.  Those
> mirror flippers really hold their value.

When I wrote that about the Nikon and Canon cameras, I didn't specify
which side of the equation I was on. It's almost like arguing the DNG
format. You can say that more brands support DNG than any other raw
format, but Canon and Nikon still sell far more cameras with their own
native raw formats, with just one or two models, than all DNG cameras
combined.

Personally, I like EVFs for some stuff, optical systems for other
stuff. I'm VERY VERY VERY sensitive to the latency. I haven't even
begun to complain about that! I could set my hair on fire when it
comes to that topic. The other thing that EVFs drive me bonkers on is
the inability for my eye to explore the shadows and highlights like I
can with an optical system. Thirdly, EVFs destroy night vision.
Forthly, and this is almost a non-issue now, I can't stand seeing the
pixel borders. I hate it on computer monitors and I really hate it on
EVFs. Finally, I can't stand having anything overlay the image area.

That said, I absolutely love EVFs for focus accuracy, Bokeh accuracy
and the occasional live histogram. At this point, I see little reason
to buy anything but an EVF equipped NEW camera. Used cameras would be
model specific.

AG